Saturday, January 23, 2010

Google Sites - easy project web sites

I'm working with my wife to develop a web site for her business, FolkertsFotografie. Currently, it is a Smug Mug site. She isn't a fan of selling images via shopping carts, so SmugMug is not a special advantage. I'm wanting to learn about Google AppEngine, so we set up a 'project' to make this happen.

This is where Google Sites fits in. I wanted to organize all of the brainstorming, designing and so forth. Google Sites makes it easy. See for yourself at Fotositeproject. There is easy integration with a host of Google tools, such as Google Docs, Calendar, Groups, Analytics and Webmaster Tools. Plus, I can rest knowing that I have offsite backup of everything and I do not have to worry about keeping the servers running 24/7.

Google Analytics & Webmaster Tools gives me as much monitoring data as my employer gets from IT. But unlike me, Google provides IT services for free.

No comments:

Post a Comment